Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Finding my way.

This irregularly scheduled fashion post is taking a little detour into Angie's random musings. Or pity party.  I'll let you be the judge.  I struggle with body image.  About ten years ago after putting on what is generally referred to the secretary spread, I went on South Beach and lost the secretary spread plus some. Through mostly healthy eating and frequent gym attendance,  I was about to maintain for a long time. Who needs Friday night happy hour...not this girl! Friday night after work is the best time to hit the gym--it's completely empty! But then I had a couple of kids.  Bye-bye gym membership. And I've struggled nto find that happy balance. I'm not one for living life on a diet. I want to eat healthy and pass that to my children.

At the beginning of the summer,  we began the process of selling our home and buying a new one. And it was stressful. And I found myself stress eating. Now that everything is said and done, I've gained close to ten pounds. I know it won't come off overnight. ..there is no quick fix. I need to cut back on the extras and work more exercise into my routine.  I know this. But meanwhile,  I'm frustrated.  And disappointed in myself.

Thanks for letting me clear my head. I've got a run scheduled for tonight. Hoping for a repeat of Friday's run (Sunday's run was not great).

2 comments:

  1. I think we can all relate to body image issues. It's only natural and normal when we see all these stick thin models in magazines, etc. Don't beat yourself up. You are taking steps to get to where you want to be by running. I think you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had body issues all my life. I have been slacking on my workouts and healthy eating big time. Maybe we can all have some sort of support group.. I think there is strength in numbers! Someone we can be accoutable to!

    ReplyDelete