Thursday, February 28, 2013

welcome to my closet



We are officially three weeks in to the #closetremixchallenge and I feel like I am hitting my stride. Some looks were definite wins while others were just so-so or just outright fails. I am loving the challenge of rethinking clothes I already own. I have pulled out pieces I haven't worn in ages and also given new life to favorites. 





Favorites from week one:
 The first favorite is a reworked outfit; I originally paired it with printed ankle pants from Old Navy but it was just too many trends at once. A simpler pant brought the look together. 

This was a Saturday outfit for running errands. 

Week two: Valentine's Day


I hadn't worn this skirt in several years but styled with a lace peplum top, a statement necklace and printed heels made it feel fresh and new. 

And for the weekend:
I have always struggled a bit on how to style this stripped sweater from Old Navy but I love it paired it with Ann Taylor Loft 3/4 sleeve button down, skinnies and a statement necklace. And pink sparkle flats from Gap. Because every Saturday needs a little sparkle.

Week three was a good week:

Tuesday: neutrals, animal and a pop of color.
Stripes, dots and ruffles

polka dots, ruffles, bows and sparkle oh my!



Fun weekend wear. Saturday was overcast and rainy but Sunday was a perfect Florida day. Shorts in February.
It's week four and I've struggled. I have been fighting a cold all week. Monday's outfit was a total fail. It seemed to be lacking. I did like my new makeup.
I didn't even plan an outfit Tuesday. Wednesday's shoe choice was a mis-step.
. 

Feeling better and my outfit choice shows it: 
Day 22

Twenty two days in and I think I can make it to 45 days. Stay tuned... 


No comments:

Post a Comment