Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My #2014closetremixchallenge

Hello 2014. Welcome to the New Year. The holidays were crazy, stressful, amazing and even more. And I hit the after holiday sales like nobody's business. And now it's time to rein in the crazed shopping. 

Everyone shops for a reason...

Some shop simply to clothe their body (I've never seen it but I've been told it's true).  Others for the thrill of the latest hot item. I'd like to think I fall somewhere in the middle but maybe it is more like shopping is my cardio. I shop and shop and I have a lot to show for it. But as it's a new year and time for reinvention, I am hoping to finally appreciate what fabulous things I own and to quiet the inner "I want" voice. I am approaching with a two fold method. Organize and no shop via the #2014closetremixchallenge.
  Step one: Organize!
Can we talk about the bling?
I might, might have a small love affair with shoes.
And now that I can see everything, it's time to for step two: shop my closet. 

I have been rediscovering old favorites. Like these pink heels.
And finding new favorites like these
 diva pants from Old Navy that I've always struggled to style.


Follow me on Instagram @thisgirlonabudget to see how I am doing. 

XOXO
Angie

2 comments:

  1. I first found you on Instagram and was intrigued enough to check out your blog. :) your remix challenge is inspiring and I am starting to contemplate shopping my own closet. I have always been into fashion, yet honestly struggle with feeling like I would be vain to show that interest publicly (is IG or my own blog). The strange part is that I don't find other women vain who do this - I view them as brave, creative and a good vulnerable - willing to share their "art" with the world. I am rambling now, but just wanted to thank you for the inspiration - both with style and with putting myself out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alana, I'll admit, it does feel a little odd to post but the benefits seriously out weigh it. Plus, friends IRL actually thought it was cool and inspiring. Give it a chance (create a new profile for just fashion), you may be surprised by the results!

      Delete